Paul Jewell will be in charge against Barnsley
IPSWICH Town chief executive Simon Clegg has revealed that Paul Jewell will be in charge for Saturday’s trip to Barnsley.
As exclusively revealed by this website on Monday, Jewell still retains the support of Clegg and Town owner Marcus Evans on the back of six games without a win and sitting in 23rd in the Championship.
In an interview with Ipswich Player on the club’s official website, Clegg said: “Paul will be our manager for the game on Saturday at Barnsley, no question.
“It’s business as usual. We are obviously disappointed with our position in the table but we are working desperately hard to turn the situation around.
“Paul is more conscious than anyone what needs to happen. He puts huge pressure on himself and I’m confident that he is the right man to get us heading in the right direction.”
You may also want to watch:
In the interview, Clegg also addresses the Harry Redknapp rumours and Evans’ continued commitment to the club.
More details are available on www.itfc.co.uk
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk