'We're in the mix to get in the play-offs... we have to make a run' - Lambert on the promotion race
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller www.ste
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert has insisted the Blues are firmly in the promotion race with a little under half the season to go.
Town currently sit 11th in League One, having topped the table early in the campaign, four points off the final play-off place with two games in hand on Charlton in sixth.
“There’s a long, long way to go,” Lambert said, ahead of this weekend’s trip to Shrewsbury.
“We’re in the mix to get in the play-offs, that’s for sure, and if we can go and do what we’ve done against Blackpool then we’ll see what happens.
“We have to get in there. We have to get as high as we possibly can. There’s just over half the season to go so we have to make a run for it.”
This weekend sees Town take on a Shrewsbury side who have recently beaten Sunderland, Peterborough and Hull, with Lambert insisting his side will be heading to Shropshire to try and win.
“We have got to try and win,” he said, when asked if he would take a draw from this game. “I don’t play professional sport to draw and my mindset is to win every game.
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
“That’s what you aim has to be in every game you play.
“We have games on Saturday and Tuesday and we need to try and use everybody. I trust them all to play and perform and we need to go out and try and do what we did against Blackpool.”