'We're in the mix to get in the play-offs... we have to make a run' - Lambert on the promotion race
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller www.ste
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert has insisted the Blues are firmly in the promotion race with a little under half the season to go.
Town currently sit 11th in League One, having topped the table early in the campaign, four points off the final play-off place with two games in hand on Charlton in sixth.
“There’s a long, long way to go,” Lambert said, ahead of this weekend’s trip to Shrewsbury.
“We’re in the mix to get in the play-offs, that’s for sure, and if we can go and do what we’ve done against Blackpool then we’ll see what happens.
“We have to get in there. We have to get as high as we possibly can. There’s just over half the season to go so we have to make a run for it.”
This weekend sees Town take on a Shrewsbury side who have recently beaten Sunderland, Peterborough and Hull, with Lambert insisting his side will be heading to Shropshire to try and win.
“We have got to try and win,” he said, when asked if he would take a draw from this game. “I don’t play professional sport to draw and my mindset is to win every game.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
“That’s what you aim has to be in every game you play.
“We have games on Saturday and Tuesday and we need to try and use everybody. I trust them all to play and perform and we need to go out and try and do what we did against Blackpool.”