PICTURE GALLERY: Sealed with a kiss – all the action from Ipswich Town’s impressive 3-1 win over Nottingham Forest
JUST look at how much it meant to them.
The heavily-bandaged Guirane N’Daw sunk to his knees to kiss the Portman Road turf after his opener, local lad Luke Hyam admits he ‘lost his head’ after scoring in front of the North Stand, while Daryl Murphy let out a lion’s roar when sealing the win at the death.
Ipswich Town climbed out of the Championship relegation zone last night with an impressive 3-1 win over Nottingham Forest and you can look back on the key moments by clicking on the photo gallery on the top right of this story.
New Blues boss Mick McCarthy has taken 10 points from a possible 18 and is yet to suffer defeat in three home matches, but in typical straight-talking fashion warned his players not to ‘stroke each others’ egos’ following what was by far and away their best performance of the season.
Town travel to Bolton on Saturday, a side who have struggled following relegation from the Premier League, before they host a Millwall side in top form the following weekend.
You may also want to watch:
– For all the latest Blues news, see tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 9 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine