PLAYER REACTION: We should have got something out of Leeds defeat – Andy Drury
Leeds United v Ipswich: Andy Drury believes a 2-0 win flattered Leeds United this afternoon.
The Blues left Elland Road empty-handed after goals from Jerome Thomas and Paul Green gave Leeds all three points.
Ipswich bossed possession at times and spurned some good chances – although the same was true of the home side with top scorer Luciano Becchio particularly wasteful.
Yet Drury felt Town should have returned to Suffolk with at least a point after losing their first match in five.
The midfielder said: “I definitely thought we deserved something – it was pretty even.
You may also want to watch:
“Both teams had spells where they were on top, but I thought we had enough chances to get something out the game, if not win it.
“We were just talking in the dressing room about a lack of quality – the finishing, I think.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
“If we could have taken one of our chances and got it back to 1-1, we would have been able to take the game forward to them. So we are disappointed.”