PLAYER REACTION: We should have got something out of Leeds defeat – Andy Drury
Leeds United v Ipswich: Andy Drury believes a 2-0 win flattered Leeds United this afternoon.
The Blues left Elland Road empty-handed after goals from Jerome Thomas and Paul Green gave Leeds all three points.
Ipswich bossed possession at times and spurned some good chances – although the same was true of the home side with top scorer Luciano Becchio particularly wasteful.
Yet Drury felt Town should have returned to Suffolk with at least a point after losing their first match in five.
The midfielder said: “I definitely thought we deserved something – it was pretty even.
“Both teams had spells where they were on top, but I thought we had enough chances to get something out the game, if not win it.
“We were just talking in the dressing room about a lack of quality – the finishing, I think.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 6 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 7 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 8 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
“If we could have taken one of our chances and got it back to 1-1, we would have been able to take the game forward to them. So we are disappointed.”