PLAYER REACTION: We were under the cosh at Barnsley admits goalscorer Aaron Cresswell
Barnsley v Ipswich: Aaron Cresswell admitted there was a sense of relief in the Twon dressing room after a backs-to-the-wall second-half performance earned them a point at Oakwell.
Cresswell scored his second of the season with a training-ground free-kick after just six minutes.
But Barnsley midfielder Stephen Dawson equalised in the 74th minute and the Tykes cam perilously close to a deserved winner.
Cresswell said: “At the moment, we don’t have the most confidence in the world but we have to take the positives out of the game – and one positive is the point.
“We were under the cosh in the second half. You have to give Barnsley credit, they are a good passing team, they played a diamond midfield very well and had big Craig Davies upfront.”
You may also want to watch:
Of his goal, Cresswell added: “We have worked on the move for a couple of weeks but we haven’t really had the opportunity to do it.
“But luckily for me, it went in at the end.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward
“It’s defending first, but if anything like a goal or an assist comes for me, that’s a bonus.”