PLAYER REACTION: We were under the cosh at Barnsley admits goalscorer Aaron Cresswell
Barnsley v Ipswich: Aaron Cresswell admitted there was a sense of relief in the Twon dressing room after a backs-to-the-wall second-half performance earned them a point at Oakwell.
Cresswell scored his second of the season with a training-ground free-kick after just six minutes.
But Barnsley midfielder Stephen Dawson equalised in the 74th minute and the Tykes cam perilously close to a deserved winner.
Cresswell said: “At the moment, we don’t have the most confidence in the world but we have to take the positives out of the game – and one positive is the point.
“We were under the cosh in the second half. You have to give Barnsley credit, they are a good passing team, they played a diamond midfield very well and had big Craig Davies upfront.”
Of his goal, Cresswell added: “We have worked on the move for a couple of weeks but we haven’t really had the opportunity to do it.
“But luckily for me, it went in at the end.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 6 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 7 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 9 'It's a very exciting time for us' - Suffolk golf club plans submitted
- 10 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
“It’s defending first, but if anything like a goal or an assist comes for me, that’s a bonus.”