POLL: Have your say on Paul Jewell and who is to blame
PAUL Jewell is under increasing pressure after his Ipswich Town side lost to Charlton Athletic 2-1 at Portman Road.
The confidence-hit Blues have lost five of their last six matches and not won in front of their own fans since the end of March.
Jewell did not shirk the problems during his post-match press conference, insisting he would not walk away.
He also directly answered questions surrounding speculation that Harry Redknapp had been approached by Marcus Evans – in the event of their being a vacancy at Portman Road.
Gleeful Charlton fans this afternoon sung ‘you’re getting sacked in the morning’, something that was also heard in the Sir Bobby Robson Stand, though definitely by a minority.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Is Jewell still the right man or has the time come to look for a replacement?
And with results on the pitch mirrored by poor attendances, who do you blame for Town’s current dire situation? Jewell, Evans or chief executive Simon Clegg?
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
Let us know your views by voting in our web-polls.
- See Monday’s EADT and Ipswich Star for all the fall-out from today’s defeat.