POLL: Ipswich Town release squad numbers - What’s your favourite?
Ipswich Town have released their squad numbers for the forthcoming season.
The list reveals a new number nine and 10 with Daryl Murphy taking the shirt of the departed Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, and David McGoldrick replacing the transfer-listed Michael Chopra, who has been given the number 28 shirt, respectively.
New signing Cole Skuse has been handed the number 8 shirt, worn by Guirane N’Daw last season, while Paul Anderson has been handed the number 11 jersey, vacated by Lee Martin.
Goalkeeper Dean Gerken has been given Josh Carson’s number 22 shirt, with the Northern Irishman dropping down one to 23, while Frank Nouble retains his number 35 squad number.
The number 6 shirt remains empty and is likely to be filled by a new centre-back with manager Mick McCarthy, who we understand has offered a deal to Christoph Berra, running the rule over trialists Bongani Khumalo and Titus Bramble.
You may also want to watch:
Tommy Smith, meanwhile, is the new owner of the number five shirt, having played number 20 most recently.
1 Scott Loach; 2 Elliott Hewitt; 3 Aaron Cresswell; 4 Luke Chambers; 5 Tommy Smith; 7 Carlos Edwards; 8 Cole Skuse; 9 Daryl Murphy; 10 David McGoldrick; 11 Paul Anderson; 14 Anthony Wordsworth; 15 Tyrone Mings; 18 Jay Tabb; 19 Luke Hyam; 22 Dean Gerken; 23 Josh Carson; 26 Paul Taylor; 28 Michael Chopra; 30 Tom Winter; 31 Byron Lawrence; 32 Kyle Hammond; 33 Amir Berkane; 34 Jack Marriott; 35 Frank Nouble; 36 David October; 37 Mark Timlin; 38 Michael Crowe; 39 Jonny Leddy.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid