POLL: Ipswich Town sign Patrick Kisnorbo from Leeds United
Ipswich Town have signed defender Patrick Kisnorbo on a month’s loan from Championship rivals Leeds United.
The Australian international, who trained with Town this morning, is the Blues’ first signing of the January transfer window.
He began his career in his homeland with South Melbourne, before moving to Scotland to team up with Hearts.
He left Tynecastle in 2005 and moved south of the border to Leicester City, linking up with his former manager Craig Levein.
The 31 year-old spent a successful four years at the King Power Stadium, where he was a team-mate of former Town defender Gareth McAuley, before linking up with Leeds United on a free transfer.
You may also want to watch:
He has played 57 times for Leeds.
Kisnorbo will wear the number 6 shirt during his time at Portman Road and has been given clearance to feature against Aston Villa in the FA Cup this weekend.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
He is contracted to the Blues until January 29th.