POLL: Ipswich Town sign Patrick Kisnorbo from Leeds United
Ipswich Town have signed defender Patrick Kisnorbo on a month’s loan from Championship rivals Leeds United.
The Australian international, who trained with Town this morning, is the Blues’ first signing of the January transfer window.
He began his career in his homeland with South Melbourne, before moving to Scotland to team up with Hearts.
He left Tynecastle in 2005 and moved south of the border to Leicester City, linking up with his former manager Craig Levein.
The 31 year-old spent a successful four years at the King Power Stadium, where he was a team-mate of former Town defender Gareth McAuley, before linking up with Leeds United on a free transfer.
He has played 57 times for Leeds.
Kisnorbo will wear the number 6 shirt during his time at Portman Road and has been given clearance to feature against Aston Villa in the FA Cup this weekend.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
He is contracted to the Blues until January 29th.