Poll: Should Ipswich Town hat-trick hero Frank Nouble start against Leicester City
- Credit: Archant
Frank Nouble scored a hat-trick as Ipswich Town Under-21s defeated their Colchester United counterparts in a seven-goal thriller, 4-3, at Portman Road on Monday.
Town midfielder Andy Drury grabbed the Blues’ other goal, firing the hosts ahead after 17 minutes, before six goals followed in an amazing second half.
Nouble doubled Town’s lead three minutes after the break, before Jordan Sanderson reduced the deficit for the visitors.
Nouble then hit his second and Town’s third just before the hour before Alex Gilbey and Jack Compton brought Colchester level.
Town weren’t to be denied though and Nouble grabbed the winner 12 minutes from time.
You may also want to watch:
Trialists Ade Yuseff and Mawete Nkunga both started for Town, while Tottenham youngster Victor Zapata-Caicedo joined the action as a substitute.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL