POLL: Titus Bramble is on trial at Ipswich Town
- Credit: PROFESSIONAL SPORT
Former Blues star Titus Bramble will appear for Ipswich Town as a trialist in tonight’s friendly clash at Gillingham.
The 31-year-old, who began his career at Portman Road, making 48 appearances, is without a club, having been released by Sunderland this summer.
Last month, manager Mick McCarthy said he had not made any contact with Bramble, or his agent, when quizzed on whether the former Newcastle and Wigan star had been training with the club.
Bramble, who has been training with West Ham, will be in the squad alongside Manchester United defender Frederic Veseli, who has been training with the Blues, following his release from Old Trafford.
The Swiss Under-21 intentional joined the Red Devils from rivals Manchester City in January 2012 and is a centre-half by trade but can also play in midfield or at full-back.
You may also want to watch:
South African trialist Bongani Khumalo, who played in last Wednesday’s win at Crawley, starts alongside Bramble.
Captain of his national team, Khumalo is currently under contract at Tottenham.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child