POLL: Which Ipswich Town transfer target would you most like to see sign?
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell continues to look to strengthen his squad ahead of next season – but who would you most like to see sign?
The Blues boss is aiming to add at least six new faces to his squad after releasing the likes of Ibrahima Sonko and Lee Bowyer, seeing Daryl Murphy’s loan from Celtic expire and Grant Leadbitter depart on a Bosman free transfer.
With a goalkeeper, two centre-backs, cover at full-back, a midfielder and striker all being targeted, here is what the EADT and Ipswich Star understands is the latest. But who would you most like to see sign out of the following?
– Alan Judge (Notts County)
A �500,000 bid has been made for the direct-running midfielder, nicknamed ‘the Irish Messi’ by Magpies fans. The 23-year-old is yet to sign the contract extension which is on the table.
You may also want to watch:
– Paul Gallagher (Leicester)
The Blues have made tentative enquiries about the 27-year-old winger who, like Judge, is a set-piece specialist. It’s understood the one-time Scottish international is prepared for a new challenge, while the Foxes would listen to offers around �750,000.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
– Joel Ward (Portsmouth)
The versatile 22-year-old is set to meet with Paul Jewell and owner Marcus Evans again this week after a fee of around �500,000 was agreed with Pompey’s administrators. It’s understood that he has narrowed down his options from six Championship clubs to Town and one other.
– Sam Baldock (West Ham)
It’s understood that managerial friends Paul Jewell and Sam Allardyce have discussed the possibility of the intelligent striker – a �2.75m buy from MK Dons in January – joining Town on a season-long loan following the Hammers’ promotion back to the Premier League.
– Michael Jacobs (Northampton Town)
The winger looks set to leave his League Two employers this summer. Out of contract, a tribunal would determine the transfer fee as he still only 20 years old. Ipswich are among a host of Championship clubs believed to be interested, with Derby County also heavily linked.
– Daryl Murphy (Celtic)
Jewell is keen to sign the Irish winger/striker following his season-long loan from Celtic. The Scottish club are understood to have quoted a �300,000 asking price.
– David Norris (Portsmouth)
Town chief executive Simon Clegg revealed that he has been in recent contact with the midfielder who departed the club on a Bosman free transfer last summer. Available on a cut-price deal, could be seen as a cheap replacement for Grant Leadbitter.