Remember when: Ipswich Town batter Bristol City 6-0 in 2007
Ipswich Town will be hoping for a repeat of their 2007 triumph over Bristol City when they come to Portman Road tomorrow afternoon.
Jonathan Walters was in rampant form for Jim Magilton’s side as they put six goals past Adriano Basso in the Robins goal, with the Republic of Ireland international bagging a hat trick to set the Blues on the way to an impressive win.
The Blues were 2-0 up at the break thanks to Walters’ left-footed drive from the edge of the box and a rare goal from David Wright as he looped home Alan Lee’s cross.
Tommy Miller’s penalty just after the break made it three, after future Blues loanee Bradley Orr was sent off, putting the contest out of reach of the visitors.
Town didn’t stop there, though, as Walters thundered in his second from wide on the right, before Pablo Counago twisted and turned his way into the area to tuck home number five.
You may also want to watch:
There was still time for Walters to complete his treble, as he stayed calm to drill home the final goal of an impressive afternoon for the Blues.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart