Rep of Ireland B cap trains with Town
Ipswich Town have revealed Republic of Ireland 'B' international Graham Gartland spent a couple of days training with the club last month.
Ipswich Town have said Republic of Ireland 'B' international Graham Gartland spent a couple of days training with the club last month.
Last year we revealed that the Blues were interested in the 25-year-old.
Now Gartland is available as a free agent after being released from his contract by Eircom League side Drogheda United after they went into the Irish equivalent of administration and is also spending time with other clubs in England and Scotland.
Blues boss Jim Magilton said: “Graham is someone we have been aware of for a while. He has impressed a lot of people in Ireland and Charlie Woods watched him play for Republic of Ireland B alongside Alex Bruce.
“When the unfortunate situation came up involving Drogheda we took advantage and asked Graham over for a look.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 9 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 10 Mike Bacon: 'Kieron Dyer is in reception... Yes, he's on crutches'
“He spent a few days with us last week and did very well.
“He showed a good attitude. It was an opportunity to have a look at him, but that is as far as it has gone at the moment.”