Rhodes plunders two in reserves win
Grays Athletic Res 2 Ipswich Town Res 4PROLIFIC goal-scorer Jordan Rhodes plundered two more goals as Ipswich Town stretched their lead at the top of the Pontin's Holidays Combination East Division.
Grays Athletic Res 2 Ipswich Town Res 4
PROLIFIC goal-scorer Jordan Rhodes plundered two more goals as Ipswich Town stretched their lead at the top of the Pontin's Holidays Combination East Division.
Gavin Williams and Danny Haynes both played for most of the game while Nic Colgan made his Town debut in goal last night.
Rhodes put the Blues ahead after 15 minutes, but Grays hit back with a 34th minute penalty after a foul by Michael Synnott.
Liam Trotter put the Blues back in front in the 65th minute and Haynes added to the lead seven minutes later.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 4 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 10 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
Colgan kicked the ball straight to an opponent to gift the home side their second goal with six minutes remaining.
But Rhodes restored the Blues' two-goal lead in injury time.
Williams and Jai Reason were Town's best performers on a bumpy pitch that made a passing game difficult.
Fabian Wilnis was in the visiting dug-out beside reserve coach Steve Greaves with first team coach Bryan Klug in the stand.
The victory increases Town's lead in the table to six points, having won all ten of their games.
Norwich City are second having played four more matches than the Blues.
Ipswich Reserves: Colgan, Synnott, Fenn, Watson, Smith, G Williams (sub Clemo 80 mins), Reason, Trotter, Upson, Rhodes, Haynes (Ainsley 80). Unused substitutes: Ward, Murphy.