Richard Stearman jumped at the chance to join Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
NEW Ipswich Town loan signing Richard Stearman said he “jumped at the chance” to move to Portman Road, once he knew of the Blues’ interest.
The 25-year-old has penned a loan deal until the end of the season and is expected to be joined at the club by Colchester United midfielder, Anthony Wordsworth, in the next day or so.
“I have obviously worked under Mick and TC [Terry Connor] before and that was a big factor in me coming here,” Stearman said.
“Once I knew I was wanted down here at Portman Road, I jumped at it. I know a few of the lads already so it was nice to see a few familiar friendly faces this morning.
“I have not played as much football as I would have liked this season so the opportunity to come here and play games made it an easy decision.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s frustrating when you work all week and then have to sit on the bench or in the stands on a Saturday afternoon.
“Footballers want to be out there playing and I’m no different. I’m looking forward to my time here and hopefully helping Ipswich get some points on the board.”
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week