Roberts rubbishes Town rumours
BLACKBURN Rovers striker Jason Roberts has quashed reports linking him with a move to Ipswich Town.
With Blues boss Paul Jewell yesterday revealing that he had made a bid for another forward following the acquisition of Michael Chopra from Cardiff, speculation arose that the mystery man was Roberts.
Jewell worked with the 33-year-old at former club Wigan and he has just a year left to run on his Blackburn Rovers contract.
However, the striker insists he has not been in contact with Jewell of anyone at Town and is preparing for another campaign in the top-flight.
Writing on his Twitter account, he said: “Woken up to more Ipswich Tweets and rumours. I can confirm that I have not spoken to anyone from Ipswich or Blackburn about this!
You may also want to watch:
“You are never quite sure where these rumours come from, but I am happy at Blackburn and I am looking forward to next season already!”
Roberts scored twice in the final three games of the season as Blackburn avoided relegation.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window