Matchday Recap: Town lack attacking threat again in Spotland stalemate
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town drew 0-0 with Rochdale at Spotland this afternoon.
Paul Cook's side will be looking to back up Friday's 2-1 success over Bristol Rovers when they take on the league's bottom side this afternoon.
Dale have won just one of their 18 home league games so far this season and have conceded 69 goals, the most in the third tier.
"We have to believe,” captain Luke Chambers said ahead of the game. “I believe. I believe in the squad, you can’t start the seasons as we have for the last two years and then all of a sudden be crap. It just can’t happen.
“It’s a psychological thing which has maybe built up over a period of time that we have to get rid of quickly.
“And I think the gaffer’s trying to knock that down for us as players and, yes, I believe totally. I believe in all those players, I always have done.
“I’ll back them to the hilt and we just have to handle the pressure and handle having the expectation and just keep our heads down and try and take each game as it comes because it’s a nine-game season now.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
You can follow the game live with us right here.