Ronan Murray makes the difference in friendly win over West Ham
RONAN Murray scored a brace and then set up Nathan Ellington for a third as Ipswich Town beat West Ham 3-2 in a behind-closed-doors friendly this afternoon.
15-year-old Byron Lawrence and Icelandic trialist Teddy Bjarnason lined up in midfield while Reece Wabara, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and the returning Daryl Murphy all started.
West Ham took a 1-0 lead into half-time thanks to Matt Taylor but Murray, a sub for Murphy at the interval, made the difference.
The diminutive striker scored in the 53rd and 61st minutes before crossing for Ellington to score six minutes later, Freedie Sears pulled a goal back for the travelling Hammers.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich: Lee-Barrett, Wabara, Kennedy, Ainsley, Smith (Whight 70), Hyam, Lawrence, Teddy, Emmanuel-Thomas (O’Connor 62), Murphy (Murray 46), Ellington (Burke 70). Subs not used: Cropper.
West Ham: Kurucz, Driver, Brown, Potts, Demel, Wearen, Moncur, O.Lee, Sears, Taylor, Montenegro. Subs: Larkins, K.Lee, Lletget, Turgott, Vose.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson