Ronan Murray teams up with Paolo Di Canio at Swindon
RONAN Murray has finally completed his loan move to League Two Swindon Town.
The diminutive striker will team up with former West Ham, Juventus and AC Milan striker Paolo Di Canio, now in charge of the Robins, after agreeing a switch until January 14.
Murray scored twice for Town in their friendly win over the Hammers on Tuesday afternoon, but he leaves with Paul Jewell’s blessing.
Speaking this morning, the Town boss said: “He needs to go out and get games. I think he’ll score goals and another spell away will give him a huge lift.”
The former Town academy striker spent time at Torquay United on loan last year and has also been capped at Under-19s level by the Republic of Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
The move has had Football League clearance but a spokesman for Swindon said they are still awaiting FA clearance – though this won’t hinder the deal.
The 20-year-old is expected to be eligible for Saturday’s clash with Aldershot Town at the County Ground.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes