Roy Keane set to follow Tony Loughlan to Spain
FORMER Ipswich Town manager Roy Keane is set to become involved in Spanish football.
Linked with a moved to Australian A-League side Melbourne Victory this week the Irishman is believed to have plans to take a job in Spain.
His right hand man Tony Loughlan has moved with his family from their Ipswich home to Valencia on the Mediterranean coast.
Loughlan, who has been friends with Keane since they were both young players at Nottingham Forest, worked as first team coach at Sunderland and was appointed to the same role when Keane took over at Portman Road two years ago.
He is settling in to a new life in Spain and if Keane was to take another job in football Loughlan would be expected to carry on at his side.
You may also want to watch:
Fitness coach Antonio Gomez, who also followed Keane from Sunderland to Ipswich and is still working at Portman Road under Paul Jewell, hails from Murcia Spain.
Keane bought and spent considerably sums of money on a house outside Ipswich where he is currently still based with his family with four children still school age.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move