RUMOUR: Fulham lining up move for Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
FULHAM could be about to hand Jay Emmanuel-Thomas a chance to return to the Premier League.
One national newspaper has claimed Fulham boss Martin Jol is considering a move for Ipswich Town’s mercurial talent who has enjoyed a largely fantastic second half of the season.
While Paul Jewell would be reluctant to lose someone could star in the Championship next season, every Ipswich player probably has his price.
Emmanuel-Thomas came off the bench on Tuesday night to score his seventh of the season – and go tantalisingly close to another after cannoning a free-kick against the crossbar.
Speaking of the man he signed from Arsenal last summer, Jewell said: ““We have got to work on his fitness in the summer because he’s dropping off at the end of the games.
You may also want to watch:
“But it’s his first full season of football and he’ll be a better player for it next year. He’s going to be a player, there is a lot more to come from him.”
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat