Rumoured Ipswich Town target John Marquis signs new deal with Doncaster Rovers
- Credit: Focus Images
Ipswich Town striker target John Marquis has signed a new deal with Doncaster Rovers.
The former Millwall striker, 25, scored 26 goals for the South Yorkshire club last season, as Darren Ferguson’s side won promotion back to the third tier of English football.
But then he turned down a new deal, sparking speculation that a number of clubs, including Town and Wigan, were chasing his signature.
However, it emerged earlier today that the frontman has signed a new three year deal with Rovers.
It came as another rumoured striker target, Reading’s Dominic Samuel, signed for Blackburn Rovers on a three-year-deal.
You may also want to watch:
Samuel, 23, spent the last three months of last season on loan at Ipswich, but failed to score in six appearances. He scored twice in 11 league games for the Royals – including against Blackburn.
Meanwhile, veteran defender Steven Taylor, whom Mick McCarthy decided against offering a deal to earlier this week, is now on trial at Doncaster.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward