Morsy arrives at Town as Cook's side play training ground friendly
- Credit: ITFC
New signing Sam Morsy has arrived at Ipswich Town.
The seven-cap Egypt international was the Blues’ 19th and final signing of the transfer window, with the six-figure deal for the midfielder done remotely on deadline day, without him traveling to Suffolk to complete his move.
But Morsy, who captained Paul Cook’s Chesterfield and Wigan sides, has now been pictured at Town’s Playford Road training ground.
He will have to wait to make his debut, though, given he will now serve a three-game ban in Leaguer One following a red card in his final game as a Middlesbrough player. He could, though, play his first game in the Papa John’s Trophy game with West Ham’s Under 21s on September 14, with suspensions for that competition ring-fenced.
Meanwhile the Blues played a training ground friendly against Maldon & Tiptree earlier today, with their scheduled League One game at Wycombe postponed due to international call-ups.
Town have not released any details on the game, which is understood to have featured the majority of Paul Cook’s senior squad, simply saying: “Town's first-team played Maldon & Tiptree FC earlier today in a behind closed doors training match at Playford Road.
With the scheduled fixture at Wycombe postponed due to international call-ups, the game presented an opportunity for Paul Cook's side to get further minutes in the bank.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
Town are back in action next weekend, when Bolton Wanderers visit Portman Road.