Scott Loach could make his Ipswich Town debut at Braintree
SCOTT Loach could make his Ipswich Town debut at Braintree Town tomorrow night.
The keeper – who completed his boyhood dream move to the Blues last week – is named in a 17-man squad which travels to the Amlin Stadium for Town’s first pre-season friendly on home soil (7.45pm).
The game was originally scheduled as a ‘Town XI’ match, but manager Paul Jewell has decided to spilt his first team squad between this match and Wednesday night’s game at Cambridge United – both opponents members of the Blue Square Premier.
Left-back French triallist Soualio Bakayoko is named in the squad which travels to Essex tomorrow, while French-Guinea born midfielder Cheick Kourouma could make his first appearance in a Blues shirt.
Jewell wants to sign the latter after he impressed on trial, but the club are still trying to battle through a myriad of paperwork. The EADT understands that the club have to contact every club the 19-year-old has played for since the age of 12 to sort out any compensation issues.
You may also want to watch:
Out-of-favour duo Jaime Peters and Nathan Ellington – who were both left out of last week’s two-game tour to Holland – will be at Braintree, along with first-team squad members Jimmy Bullard, Luke Hyam, Ronan Murray and Josh Carson.
Keeper Marian Kello and left-sided player Plaisir Bahamboula are likely to be given another chance to impress at Cambridge the following evening following their appearances on trial in Holland.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
Braintree finished 12th in the Blue Square Premier last season under the management of former West Ham United favourite Alan Devonshire.
Kick-off is at 7.45pm, with tickets costing �15 for adults, �10 for OAPs, �5 for Under-16s and �3 for U11s.
Explaining the pricing policy, Braintree Town chairman Lee Harding said: “We decided to implement full admission price because we were promised a strong Ipswich Town squad when the fixture was arranged.
“With a decent crowd expected we still have to cover our usual stewarding and various other match day costs.”
Meanwhile, Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Massimo Luongo is understood to have arrived at Portman Road this afternoon to complete his season-long loan switch. The 19-year-old could feature at Cambridge on Wednesday night.
Ipswich Town squad at Braintree: Ainsley, Bakayoko, Bullard, Carson, Ellington, Hyam, Kourouma, Lee-Barrett, Loach, Marriott, Murray, October, Peters, Thorsteinsson, Timlin, Whight, Winter.