Scunthorpe boss admits Nathan Ellington has been ‘hit and miss’
SCUNTHORPE United manager Brian Laws is undecided whether to extend Nathan Ellington’s loan spell from Ipswich Town after admitting the striker has been ‘hit and miss’.
The 31-year-old made only his second start for the struggling League One side in Saturday’s goalless home draw with Shrewsbury Town – a game which marked the end of his short-term loan switch. He’s made four other substitute appearances and is yet to score.
“I said to him that we needed a performance from him,” explained Laws. “Nathan’s been hit and miss really, to be honest.
“We needed a performance for us to see whether we continue with the loan or not.
“That’s something we’ll talk about over the next few days, depending as well on what our thoughts are about recruitment in the next week or so.”
You may also want to watch:
Signed on a free transfer by Paul Jewell in the summer of 2011, Ellington has made just three starts for the Blues and 16 further substitute appearances. He is now in the final year of his two-year deal at Portman Road.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!