Scunthorpe sack manager before Ipswich match
IPSWICH Town will face a new man in the away dugout this Saturday after Scunthorpe United sacked Ian Baraclough.
United made the decision following last night’s 3-0 defeat at home to bottom Preston, leaving the Iron in the bottom three of the npower Championship, four points from safety.
A statement on the club’s website read: “Scunthorpe United Football Club has today relieved Ian Baraclough of his first team duties with immediate effect.
“The difficult decision was reached in light of the team’s disappointing performances.
“The club would like to thank Ian for his hard work and dedication over a six-year period as a player, first team coach and latterly as manager.”
You may also want to watch:
Assistant manager Kevin Pressman and first team coach Steve Parkin have also left the club.
Scunthorpe were 3-0 down at half-time against Preston, a side who had not won since the start of December.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
Their next game is at Portman Road on Saturday - a match that Ipswich need to win after losing their last three at home.