Sean St Ledger and Leeds United’s Noel Hunt join Ipswich Town
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town have bolstered their play-off chasing squad with a double swoop, ahead of the loan window closing this evening.
The Blues have recruited free agent defender Sean St Ledger on a short-term deal, the Republic of Ireland international having been without a club since leaving Leicester in the summer.
Town have also signed Noel Hunt, the brother of Ipswich midfielder Stephen, on-loan from Leeds United, until January.
Three-cap Republic of Ireland forward Hunt has made 355 league and cup appearances, during spells with Leeds, Reading and, in Scotland, with Dundee United and Dunfermline, scoring 78 goals. He has played just twice for Leeds this season.
St Ledger, meanwhile, has 37 Republic of Ireland caps and is an experienced performer, having spent time in the Football League with the Foxes, Preston and Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
Both players could be in contention to start at Charlton on Saturday, with St Ledger a strong possibility to play at either right-back or centre-back, with Christophe Berra suspended and Tyrone Mings (dead leg) doubtful.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car