Second midfielder chooses Forest over Town
GEORGE Boateng has become the second midfielder to choose Nottingham Forest over Ipswich Town this week.
The well-travelled 35-year-old – whose former clubs include Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Hull – spent three days training with Paul Jewell’s Blues earlier in the summer, with the Town boss admitting that he’d held discussions with the Dutchman’s agent.
More recently he spent time training with Forest though and today he has decided to sign a one-year deal at the City Ground to link back up with Steve McClaren, his manager during his time at Boro.
Confirming the news via his Twitter account, Boateng – who has most recently been playing for Skoda Xanthi in Greece – said: “Today I am so pleased to say that I am going to play for Nottingham Forest for the season and I am so happy to be back in English football.”
It follows Jewell’s confirmation that he had tried to sign French midfielder Guy Moussi. The 26-year-old was out-of-contract at Forest, but has chosen to sign a new deal at the club rather than take up an offer of a move to Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
– More transfer news to follow.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 8 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed