Vote: Is it time for Evans to sack Town boss Lambert?
- Credit: Pagepix Limited
The future of under-fire Ipswich Town boss Paul Lambert is once again being hotly-discussed after another defeat to a promotion rival last night - and we want to know if you still believe in the Blues' manager.
Lambert guided Town to an 11th place finish in League One last season on PPG after the campaign was cut short by Covid-19, but now his side are back in that lowly spot under their own steam.
After a strong start to the season, the Blues have slid backwards, struggling to score goals and again showing a total inability to beat the top sides in the division - last night's 2-1 defeat at Peterborough means they've taken zero points from their nine games against the top seven in League One so far this campaign.
We've called for Lambert to be sacked already, but how do you feel about things?
One could argue that Town are still very much in touch with the top six, four points back and with games in hand, while the January loan signings and star players returning from injury should make a big difference.
But we have yet to see any real signs of the 'green shoots of recovery' which owner Marcus Evans believes are sprouting at Portman Road under the Scotsman.
So, should Evans act now? Vote here...
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 5 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 8 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
- 9 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 10 Matchday Live: Cook makes four changes as Town take on Pompey