Simon Clegg pays tribute to Tamas Priskin and THAT goal
TOWN chief executive Simon Clegg has described Tamas Priskin’s winner against Arsenal in last season’s Carling Cup semi-final as one of his most special moments at the helm of the club.
Clegg paid tribute to Priskin after the striker’s contract was terminated by mutual agreement yesterday.
The chief executive said: “We have terminated Tamas’ contract by mutual agreement. I would like to wish him every success over the rest of his career.
“The club wishes him all the very best – I shook him warmly by the hand as he left to drive off to Hungary.
“An opportunity arose for him there and it was right for him and right for the club.
You may also want to watch:
“He scored that fantastic goal against Arsenal - one of the most special moments in my time at the club.
“We’re all very sorry it didn’t work out and we wish him all the very best for the future.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 9 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 10 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
And Clegg doesn’t expect Priskin to be without a club for too long, although suggested he might ply his trade abroad rather than in England after divisional rivals Millwall were linked with a move.
Clegg explained: “It is understood he will be continuing his interest in the game in Hungary – and expected to sign up for a new club soon.”