Simon Clegg surprised he has been personally criticised
IPSWICH Town chief executive Simon Clegg admits he was surprised to read fans’ criticism of his own role in today’s EADT and Evening Star.
In an online poll of over 1000 supporters, 39% of our readers said they felt Clegg was the biggest problem at the club.
The former army major and Olympics supremo responded on BBC Look East tonight by saying: “Certainly that’s the first time that view has been articulated to me.
“I spoke to supporters at two different meetings recently and didn’t receive any feedback like that.
“I’m certainly not here to walk away, I’m here to fight.
You may also want to watch:
“My job is to support the manager (Paul Jewell) and as long as I continue to get the support of the owner (Marcus Evans) then that will not change.”
And Clegg says that Jewell is under no pressure of the sack at all following nine defeats from 12, adding: “We will continue to back him and make money available to him during this transfer window.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“Of course there has to be a tipping point but we are some way from that at the moment. I’m not going to put a number of games on that because I don’t think that would be helpful.
“There are a number of different dynamics to evaluate when it comes to assessing how well a manager is doing.”