Sir Bobby Robson first sold Ipswich Town to me admits Blues new boy
BRADLEY Orr didn’t need telling about Ipswich Town’s proud traditions.
That is because his football career started under the legendary former Blues boss Sir Bobby Robson.
Orr was brought into the first-team squad at Newcastle under Sir Bobby where he learned all about the rich history of Ipswich.
Town’s latest loan recruit revealed: “Sir Bobby Robson always talked about Ipswich Town so I have always known the club is steeped in history and tradition – all the things big clubs have got.
“I was a kid, but Sir Bobby brought me from youth team to first-team squad. He included me in squads and on the bench – I never quite made my first-team debut, but for two or three years he always had me around.
“He was someone you could only love – his enthusiasm and character just rubbed off on everyone. He had great ties to the club and going back years as a kid, I know Ipswich Town has always been a big football club.”
Orr, who signed on Wednesday from divisional rivals Blackburn Rovers, added: “I couldn’t believe the stat that Ipswich are the longest-serving club in the Championship. Because, for me, you automatically class Ipswich Town as a Premier League club.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 8 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 9 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
- 10 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna