Skuse excited as ‘massive’ Manchester United clash draws near
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Midfielder Cole Skuse has revealed the Ipswich Town squad share the excitement of the club’s fans, as Wednesday’s visit to Manchester United draws ever closer.
The Blues visit Old Trafford in the third round of the Capital One Cup in a little over 48 hours, with close to 5,000 Ipswich fans set to make the trip.
Skuse admitted the Ipswich players are all keen to be involved, with McCarthy still yet to reveal the make-up of his squad for the game, while plenty of friends and family have also been in touch regarding tickets for the game.
“I’m sure there’ll be a lot of knocks on the gaffer’s door looking to play in this one,” Skuse told the club’s official website.
“It’s probably the biggest draw you could get in the cup, my phones been going non-stop, with people not only wishing me all the best, but asking for tickets as well.
“It will be a massive thing for the town, the club and the players. You can go into a massive game like this where no points are up for grabs not quite with the shackles off, but you can enjoy yourself.
“For the young lads as well, even if they don’t play and just travel to Old Trafford it will be an unbelievable experience.”
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow