Sonko and Delaney doubts for Millwall
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell says it’s too early to say whether centre-backs Ibrahima Sonko and Damien Delaney will be fit for Saturday’s trip to Millwall.
Sonko pulled his hamstring in last Tuesday’s 1-0 home win over Portsmouth. Delaney replaced him in the starting line-up for Saturday’s 1-0 home defeat to Crystal Palace but was forced off soon after half-time with a foot injury.
It meant that Ivar Ingimarsson finished the game alongside Stoke loanee Danny Collins in central defence, the former making only his second appearance for the club following a thigh injury.
“As we speak on Monday, we hope Ibrahima might be able to return to training on Wednesday or Thursday, I’m not sure though,” said the Blues boss.
“Damien’s had an injection in his foot to settle it down and we’ll know more about him towards the end of the week too.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Jewell admitted he will watch training this week before deciding who will replacing Aaron Cresswell at left-back on Saturday. The young Liverpudlian has been an ever-present for Town since his summer arrival from Tranmere, but now faces a one-match suspension following his sending off for two bookings at the weekend.
– For all the latest Blues news, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week