Sonko and Murphy ruled out
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has ruled Ibrahima Sonko and Daryl Murphy out of Saturday’s Championship trip to Nottingham Forest.
Centre-back Sonko is still out of action with a torn hamstring, while striker Murphy only returned to training today having pulled the same muscle.
Lee Bowyer (hamstring and back) and Nathan Ellington (calf) both returned to training at the start of the week and are available after recovering from their knocks.
Speaking at this morning’s press conference, Jewell said: “Sonko is struggling and Daryl Murphy will train for the first time this morning but it’s a bit early for him.”
The Blues boss says the former is on the mend after suffering the injury in the game at Millwall though, adding: “He’s improving all the time and the two-week international break has given him a chance to get his hamstring right, but we really need to get to the bottom of it and make sure he’s fully fit before he returns to match action.
You may also want to watch:
“So Sonks is definitely out but Lee Bowyer has been training with us all week, as has Nathan Ellington, which is encouraging.”
– For all the latest Ipswich Town news, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree