Sonko calls for partner to stay
IBRAHIMA Sonko has called on the Blues to do everything in their power to keep Danny Collins at the club.
The duo have been an integral part of Town’s five-match unbeaten run – even if they are very different characters on the pitch.
But opposites certainly attract in the case of Sonko and Collins, whose loan deal runs out in December.
Sonko said: “I really hope Danny stays. He is a wonderful player and a wonderful team-mate.
“We just understand each other. He has got his way of playing and I have mine, but it seems to be working.
You may also want to watch:
“We talk a lot on the pitch. He is not scared of telling me what he thinks and sometimes he can be a bit aggressive. He loves to get stuck in and he doesn’t like losing.
“I am a bit more peaceful and sometimes I need roughing up a bit.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The pair will again form the defensive backbone for tonight’s home match against Portsmouth (7.45pm kick-off).
Sonko, who spent a disappointing loan spell at Fratton Park last season, said: “I was gutted it didn’t work out but it was just one of those things.
“It is nice to have the fans’ support at Ipswich. They don’t seem to ask for much – just for me to defend and I am really enjoying it.”