Bradley signs new Luton deal to end Town's hopes of signing big defender
- Credit: PA
Sonny Bradley has penned a new contract with Luton Town, ending Ipswich Town’s hopes of signing the Hatters skipper.
The 29-year-old is understood to have been a top target for the Blues this summer, with a contract offered and Paul Cook’s men leading the chase for his signature and confident a deal could be done, but the big defender has now committed his future to the Championship side.
“I’m really happy to have signed again,” Bradley said, after putting pen-to-paper.
“I said recently that I can’t wait to walk out at Kenilworth Road in front of fans again, because we all know that roof is going to come off.
“We’ve come so far together and I feel that there is some unfinished business after what we’ve all been through over this past year and a bit. It’s going to be a real emotional day when that happens.
“I’ve been privileged to captain the club during such a successful period and I’m excited about what the future holds now we’ve established ourselves in the Championship.”
You may also want to watch:
The Blues will now turn attentions elsewhere, with players with Championship experience, in the mould of Bradley, understood to be on the agenda as Paul Cook bids to rebuild his squad this summer.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 9 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL