Spurs winger linked with Town move
ROY Keane’s quest for a natural left winger could see him land promising Tottenham teenager, Andros Townsend, on a loan deal.
The Ipswich Town boss is desperate to improve the balance of his team, following last season’s disappointing campaign.
The likes of Jon Walters, Jack Colback, Owen Garvan, Alan Quinn, Jaime Peters and Carlos Edwards were all given opportunities to fill the problem role on the left of midfield last term, after Luciano Civelli had been ruled out for the whole season with a serious knee injury at the back end of the previous season.
Keane has already been linked with a move for much-wanted Peterborough attacker George Boyd, although a price tag of �2m might prove too much for Town. Other clubs are also interested in Boyd, including Middlesbrough and Derby.
Rather than leaving Tottenham on a permanent deal, Townsend looks set to spend the next year away from White Hart Lane on loan.
You may also want to watch:
The England under-19 international has not yet played for Spurs, but he has enjoyed considerable first team experience on loan at Yeovil, Leyton Orient and MK Dons over the last 16 months.
The 18-year-old helped to keep Yeovil in League One at the end of the
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
2008-09 season, impressing in his 10 appearances, while during the first half of last season he was a key member of Geraint Williams’
Leyton Orient side with two goals in 22 outings. In the new year, he also bagged two goals in nine games for MK Dons.
Meanwhile, Civelli remains on target to return to Town for pre-season, following his long-term injury, although it will take time for the Argentine to get match-fit.