Spurs winger linked with Town move
ROY Keane’s quest for a natural left winger could see him land promising Tottenham teenager, Andros Townsend, on a loan deal.
The Ipswich Town boss is desperate to improve the balance of his team, following last season’s disappointing campaign.
The likes of Jon Walters, Jack Colback, Owen Garvan, Alan Quinn, Jaime Peters and Carlos Edwards were all given opportunities to fill the problem role on the left of midfield last term, after Luciano Civelli had been ruled out for the whole season with a serious knee injury at the back end of the previous season.
Keane has already been linked with a move for much-wanted Peterborough attacker George Boyd, although a price tag of �2m might prove too much for Town. Other clubs are also interested in Boyd, including Middlesbrough and Derby.
Rather than leaving Tottenham on a permanent deal, Townsend looks set to spend the next year away from White Hart Lane on loan.
The England under-19 international has not yet played for Spurs, but he has enjoyed considerable first team experience on loan at Yeovil, Leyton Orient and MK Dons over the last 16 months.
The 18-year-old helped to keep Yeovil in League One at the end of the
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
2008-09 season, impressing in his 10 appearances, while during the first half of last season he was a key member of Geraint Williams’
Leyton Orient side with two goals in 22 outings. In the new year, he also bagged two goals in nine games for MK Dons.
Meanwhile, Civelli remains on target to return to Town for pre-season, following his long-term injury, although it will take time for the Argentine to get match-fit.