SQUAD UPDATE: Anthony Wordsworth added to Ipswich Town squad for Hull clash
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Hull: Anthony Wordsworth will return to the Blues’ squad for Saturday’s home clash with Hull City, following a 90-minute run-out for the under-21s in midweek.
The former Colchester midfielder has been out of action since breaking three vertebrae in his back on his home debut against Blackpool, in February, but came through unscathed against Charlton, at Portman Road, on Monday evening.
Aaron Mclean has recovered from illness but is ineligible to play against his parent club, while Lee Martin and Reece Brown remain sidelined after suffering a similar bug.
Blues boss Mick McCarthy admitted: “There is still a bit of illness knocking around the club.
“Lee Martin trained for the first time today, after having a loosener yesterday, but he is not fully up to speed yet, while Reece Brown has not trained at all and it’s really knocked him up.
You may also want to watch:
“The irony is that Aaron Mclean, who has recovered and is fully fit, can’t play against his parent club.
“Woody (Wordsworth) did OK on Monday and needed a game. He missed a month of football before he came here and then got injured and has not been available since.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“He will be in the squad.”