Stead can’t wait to face Ipswich
BRISTOL City striker Jon Stead has vowed to hit double figures for goals this season – and his first opportunity to get off the mark will be against former club Ipswich Town.
The 28-year-old scored nine times in 25 starts last season, missing three months of the campaign with an ankle injury.
“It’s an important season for me,” said Stead, who left Portman Road in 2009 having scored 18 goals in two seasons there.
“I’m determined to build on my goals tally from last year and I’m just hoping not to have any long injury breaks.
“I missed three months with the ankle problem last year. If it hadn’t been for that I think I might have enjoyed one of the best seasons of my career. I was pleased with the way I finished the season so I’m glad to be back and I’m raring to go.”
You may also want to watch:
Bristol City start their Championship campaign on August 6 at Ashton Gate, where they will be hosting Ipswich Town.
“It’s another previous club of mine, but there has been a few,” said the striker, who has also played for Huddersfield, Blackburn, Sunderland and Sheffield United.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
“Ipswich have lost a few players so it will be interesting to see who they bring in.
“It’s a tough one to begin with but we’re at home so we’ll be looking to get off to a good start.”