Steve Bruce can’t guarantee Ipswich Town loanee first-team action
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Hull: Steve Bruce admits he cannot promise Ipswich Town loan striker Aaron Mclean first-team football at Hull City next season.
The 29-year-old joined the Blues in January after finding his chances at the KC Stadium limited, but has also struggled for first-team action at Portman Road, scoring just one goal for Mick McCarthy’s team.
The former Peterborough striker has another year left on his contract with the Tigers but Bruce suggested the striker may be free to seek pastures new come the summer.
“Aaron needs to go and play games. We sent him out on loan and to be fair, it’s not worked out as he would have liked at Ipswich,” said Bruce.
“We’ll all see what the future has in store this summer but he needs to go and find a home really.
You may also want to watch:
“He was disappointed that he wasn’t playing here and I’m sure it’ll be the same in the summer and next season if he’s not playing every week.
“I can’t guarantee him that here unfortunately.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms