Stockdale officially becomes sixth summer signing
DAVID Stockdale has officially become Ipswich Town’s sixth summer signing.
The 25-year-old keeper joins on a season-long loan deal from Premier League club Fulham and goes straight into the squad for tonight’s pre-season match at Colchester United.
“I had a great talk with the gaffer (Paul Jewell) here and Ipswich Town is a big club so I was eager to come here,” said Stockdale, who was included in an England squad earlier this year.
“The manager told me about the quality of the signings he’s made and where they’re heading and everything he told me made me keen to join the club.
“Now I’m just looking forward to getting going and playing my part in what I hope will be a successful season for Ipswich.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, skilful winger/striker Jay Emmanuel-Thomas’ permanent switch from Arsenal should be officially confirmed within the next hour.
He too should be involved at The Weston Homes Community Stadium tonight, with the Blues set to hand three debuts altogether due to the return to fitness of Ivar Ingimarsson.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
Ipswich are close to selling their 1,500 allocation of away tickets for this evening’s match, which kicks off at 7.45pm.