‘Creativity, tenacity and desire’ - Taylor on what new signings add to Town side
- Credit: ITFC
Assistant manager Stuart Taylor hopes new signings Luke Thomas and Josh Harrop will bring ‘creativity, tenacity and desire’ to the Ipswich Town side.
The pair have been recruited this week from Barnsley and Preston respectively, on loan deals until the end of the season.
On winger Thomas, 21, Taylor said: "The manager has been targeting him since before Christmas.
"We’re glad to get it across the line.
"He’s an exciting young player that will cause opposition defenders problems. He’s attack-minded, he’s creative and he’s got plenty of pace. He’s very direct in his play so we’re looking forward to him bringing those qualities to the club and hopefully he’ll chip in with a few goals as well.
"He’s also got that tenacious side. He has a huge amount of enthusiasm, a hunger and a desire to go and win games. Hopefully he’ll be creating chances for others and scoring some goals."
On Harrop, Taylor added: "Josh, again, is a very creative, very direct midfield and wide player. He can play a couple of positions. He can play as a '10', a central midfielder or as a wide player.
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
"He comes from a good background and with good pedigree. He’s a very good professional. He’s got loads of qualities.
"It’s given us that positivity and impetus going forward in the final third. Hopefully they’ll find their feet straight away with creating chances and scoring goals, and playing how we know they’re capable of playing. We know they’re going to bring qualities to us and we look forward to seeing them play."
The pair will be in the squad for Town’s home clash with Peterborough United this weekend.