Sunderland enter Wickham race while Nugent looks elsewhere
STEVE Bruce’s Sunderland have become the latest to be linked with a move for Connor Wickham.
The Ipswich Town young gun, currently with England Under-21s preparing for the European Championships, has become a wanted man in the last week with Liverpool reportedly testing the water with a �8 million bid.
Tottenham have been long admirers although manager Harry Redknapp appeared to pour some cold water on that by claiming that he was happy with his current strikers – including the returning Robbie Keane.
Now national newspaper reports have linked Sunderland with a move for the 18-year-old with figures of �9 million, and additional payments suggested.
Meanwhile, one-time Ipswich Town target David Nugent is on the radar of Championship rivals Leicester City. The Foxes are said to be leading the hunt for the out-of-contract striker who will not be renewing his contract with Portsmouth next season.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old has been linked with Town, Blackpool and Premier League sides Bolton wanderers and Swansea City.
But on the day Ipswich Town are set to confirm the transfer of Micheal Chopra from Cardiff City, Blues fans might not be as disappointed about the latest Nugent developments.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight