Swindon accept Town bid for Austin
IPSWICH Town have had a bid for Swindon striker Charlie Austin accepted as the Blues battle it out with three other clubs for the hitman’s signature.
The 21-year-old, who has scored 17 goals this season, handed in a transfer request earlier this month.
Robins boss Danny Wilson said the club have accepted a bid from Ipswich, thought to be worth up to �2 million.
He added that Austin is currently in Suffolk for talks.
Fellow Championship side Burnley are also in the hunt for Austin, as are Premier League Blackpool and League One Southampton.
You may also want to watch:
The January transfer window closes on Monday.
The striker scored 20 goals in his debut season at the County Ground as they went all the way to last year’s League One play-off final at Wembley.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
The Blues this morning completed the loan signing of midfielder Jimmy Bullard from Hull City.