TEAM NEWS: Andy Drury in contention for Blackburn Rovers visit
Ipswich v Blackburn: Town manager Paul Jewell has confirmed that Andy Drury will be contention to play against Blackburn Rovers in their season opener at Portman Road on Saturday.
The midfielder has missed the last three games with the calf injury which forced him off in the pre-season match against Southend United.
“He had a hard training session yesterday and came through that fine,” confirmed Jewell. “As long as there is no reaction to his calf he’ll be in contention.”
Damien Delaney, Josh Carson and Ronan Murray were all on international duty during Tuesday night’s 3-1 Capital One Cup win against Bristol Rovers, but will all be available again on Saturday.
Jewell added: “Josh Carson came through his game fine, Ronan Murray didn’t play and Damo (Damien Delaney) is still away at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
The only member of Jewell’s squad who is injured is new signing Elliott Hewitt. The teenage right-back is not expected to be available until September at the earliest following hip surgery earlier this summer.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field