TEAM NEWS: Chopra and Smith start for Ipswich Town against Peterborough
Ipswich v Peterborough: Michael Chopra has been handed his first start by new Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy for today’s visit of fellow Championship strugglers Peterborough United.
There are two changes to the side which lost 6-0 at Leicester City last weekend.
Chopra replaces Daryl Murphy as DJ Campbell’s strike partner, while Tommy Smith – rested at the King Power Stadium after a long midweek trip to China to skipper New Zealand in an international friendly – returns to the side at the expense of Luke Chambers in central defence.
Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson – who like McCarthy has labelled this match as ‘huge’ – has reverted to a 5-4-1 formation following his side’s 4-1 home defeat to Blackburn last weekend.
West Brom loanee George Thorne makes his debut in central midfield, while fellow new arrival, striker Dwight Gayle (Dagenham & Redbridge), is on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
– Report and reaction to follow.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Henderson; Orr, Smith, Higginbotham, Cresswell; Edwards, Reo-Coker, N’Daw, Martin; Campbell, Chopra.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
Subs: Loach, Chambers, Hewitt, Hyam, Mohsni, Emmanuel-Thomas, Murphy.
PETERBOROUGH UNITED (5-4-1): Olejnik; Little, Brisley, Bostwick (cpt), Knight-Percival, Little; Tomlin, McCann, Thorne, Boyd; Berahino.
Subs: Day, Alcock, Zakuani, Swanson, Ferdinand, Clarke-Harris, Gayle.
Referee: Mark Halsey