TEAM NEWS: Daryl Murphy replaces Aaron Mclean in one change for Ipswich Town
Bristol City v Ipswich: Blues manager Mick McCarthy has made one change to the side that drew 1-1 at home to Barnsley, last weekend, for today’s game at rock-bottom Bristol City.
Daryl Murphy has been recalled to the line-up in place of Aaron Mclean, while City make two changes with nine-goal top scorer Sam Baldock replacing Stephen Pearson and new loan full-back, Brendan Moloney, coming in for Richard Foster.
Town are out to improve their poor goalscoring record away from home - they are the lowest scorers in the Championship - while City, who could go 13 points adrfit of the Blues today with defeat, have the division’s worst home record.
Today’s referee is Stephen Martin for Sean O’Driscoll’s first home game in charge of the Robins.
Bristol City (4-4-2): Heaton, Moloney, Carey, Fontaine, Cunningham, Kelly, Skuse, Kilkenny, Anderson, Baldock, Taylor. Subs: Gerken, Foster, J Wilson, Pearson, Elliott, Davies, Stead.
You may also want to watch:
Blues (4-4-2): Loach, Orr, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell, Edwards, Hyam, N’Daw, Martin, McGoldrick, Murphy. Subs: Lee-Barrett, Kisnorbo, Hewitt, Drury, Mclean, Chopra, Nouble.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1