TEAM NEWS: Daryl Murphy replaces Tyrone Barnett up front for visit of Millwall
Ipswich v Millwall: DARYL Murphy has been elevated to the starting line-up for today’s visit of in-form Millwall following some impressive displays off the bench.
Having scored in the 3-1 home win against Nottingham Forest and won a penalty in the 2-1 victory at Bolton, the Irishman replaces Peterborough loanee Tyrone Barnett up front.
That is Mick McCarthy’s only change following last week’s turnaround at the Reebok Stadium.
With Luke Hyam and Nigel Reo-Coker still injured, Andy Drury retains his place in the centre of midfield. Right-back Bradley Orr (neck) and centre-back Luke Chambers (ill) have been passed fit after missing some training this week.
Millwall come into this game off the back of a 13-game unbeaten run, having kept clean sheets in their last four games.
You may also want to watch:
Lions boss Kenny Jackett has made two changes to the team which drew 0-0 at home against Charlton last weekend. James Henry and Liam Trotter – the latter an ex-Blues player – return to the starting line-up after injury, replacing Liam Feeney and Josh Wright respectively.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Henderson; Orr, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), Drury, N’Daw, Martin; Campbell, Murphy.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
Subs: Loach, Hewitt, Higginbotham, Carson, Emmanuel-Thomas, Chopra, Barnett.
MILLWALL (4-1-3-1): Forde; Smith, Shittu (cpt), Beevers, Lowry; Abdou; Henry, Trotter, Taylor; Wood, Keogh.
Subs: Taylor, Wright, Feeney, Smith, N’Guessan, Osborne, Malone.
Referee: David Coote