TEAM NEWS: David Nugent fails his fitness test, with both sides unchanged
Ipswich v Leicester: IPSWICH Town nemesis David Nugent has failed his fitness test ahead of today’s game at Portman Road.
The striker – who has scored 11 goals in 11 games against Town – does not even make the Leicester City bench due to the neck injury which kept him out of the Foxes’ 3-0 win over Blackburn on Tuesday night.
Nigel Pearson’s side are unchanged from that game as they attempt to close the gap on second-place Watford following their 1-1 draw at Wolves last night.
Ipswich are also unchanged following their ugly goalless draw at Huddersfield last weekend.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is on the bench for the first time in nine games though after impressing manager Mick McCarthy in Monday’s 4-3 Under-21 win over Colchester United. He replaces Elliott Hewitt in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
– Follow @Stuart_Watson and @ChrisBramms on Twitter for live match updates.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Henderson; Stearman, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), N’Daw, Hyam, Martin; Chopra, McGoldrick.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 9 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 10 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
Subs: Loach, Kisnorbo, Drury, Emmanuel-Thomas, Mclean, Murphy, Nouble.
LEICESTER CITY (4-4-2): Schmeichel; De Laet, Morgan (cpt), Keane, Konchesky; Knockaert, King, Drinkwater, Marshall; Kane, Wood.
Subs: Logan, Whitbread, Wellens, Dyer, Gallagher, Vardy, Waghorn.
Referee: Darren Deadman