TEAM NEWS: David Nugent fails his fitness test, with both sides unchanged
Ipswich v Leicester: IPSWICH Town nemesis David Nugent has failed his fitness test ahead of today’s game at Portman Road.
The striker – who has scored 11 goals in 11 games against Town – does not even make the Leicester City bench due to the neck injury which kept him out of the Foxes’ 3-0 win over Blackburn on Tuesday night.
Nigel Pearson’s side are unchanged from that game as they attempt to close the gap on second-place Watford following their 1-1 draw at Wolves last night.
Ipswich are also unchanged following their ugly goalless draw at Huddersfield last weekend.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is on the bench for the first time in nine games though after impressing manager Mick McCarthy in Monday’s 4-3 Under-21 win over Colchester United. He replaces Elliott Hewitt in the squad.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson and @ChrisBramms on Twitter for live match updates.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Henderson; Stearman, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), N’Daw, Hyam, Martin; Chopra, McGoldrick.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 4 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 5 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 6 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 7 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 8 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 9 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 10 Ex-Town striker Pitman drops down five levels to sign for new club
Subs: Loach, Kisnorbo, Drury, Emmanuel-Thomas, Mclean, Murphy, Nouble.
LEICESTER CITY (4-4-2): Schmeichel; De Laet, Morgan (cpt), Keane, Konchesky; Knockaert, King, Drinkwater, Marshall; Kane, Wood.
Subs: Logan, Whitbread, Wellens, Dyer, Gallagher, Vardy, Waghorn.
Referee: Darren Deadman